- Note taking
- Structuring information
- Capturing knowledge
- Problem solving
- Studying and memorization
- Planning projects and tasks
- Researching and consolidating information from multiple sources
- Presenting information
- Gaining insight on complex subjects
- Jogging your creativity
Students use their created knowledge boards to search for relevant information, media (video, audio), websites and research articles. They then visually rearrange and synthesise their discovery data into logical, ordered knowledge, ready for use.
BENEFITS FOR TEACHERS
- Provide a clear structure to lesson content
- Link different source of information/documents
- Modify existing information and process new ideas with flexibility
- Provide varied structure to lessons
- Communicate easily with school pupils & students
BENEFITS FOR SCHOOL PUPILS AND STUDENTS
- Better understanding and memory thanks to visual managing of information and presentation
- Intuitive user interface for managing and organising informative texts, video and images
- Clear presentation and object structuring
- Critical visual processing by school pupils/students
Create your own curriculum dashboards and save your most valuable resource – TIME
Work collaboratively on Curriculum and lesson work. Manage school projects and assign team members. If your school uses Microsoft Office 365, we have an option providing access to Microsoft Teams.
You can learn so many new skills
The methods of mind mapping are tried-and-tested and have been implemented in learning methods (Tony Buzan). Whereas plain text is processed by the left half of the brain – which is associated with language, logic and numbers – the structures, colours and images of mind maps activate the right half of the brain – which is responsible for the visual imagination.
I use it personally to organize almost everything I plan. Probably the most productive has been the application to the authoring of a textbook on a complex topic – Building Information Modeling. MindManager allowed me to not only organize the structure of the book but also to write the majority of the content in that structure and export it to Word for the final editing. Due to the complexity of the subject, the flexibility of MindManager was crucial in allowing the continual evolution of the final structure of the complex content without losing any of the text that was part of the project at any point in the process. The content could be refined without being concerned about the location in the structure and moved as needed to any other part of the organization of the overall project.